First Code

Hi Everybody, They call me Isaque, I am a coder of the project and I have some news.

After some months stopped, We're back!!!! For while, I think just Borges and I are active in the project. I hope the whole team will be back soon.

I'm studying the irrlicht engine, and, it seems be really cool. They have useful tutorials, and, its documentation is awesome!

After reading some tutorials, and cracking my mind with their API, I got a moving stuff. By now, We have a quake3 map, with a FPS camera plus simple Collision and a model which I got from an example.

After loading the map and create the FPS camera, I made a simple array for 'awsd' keys, so, the fps camera moves with these keys. I think every FPS game uses those keys, and, I could not imagine myself playing a game with the keyboard arrows.

The Collision support of the irrlicht engine is really easy to make. Basically, the collision doesn't allow you to pass the walls and objects like a ghost.

Later, I made an event receptor to detect if a key is down, or if any mouse button was pressed. If yes, you can do whatever you want, like call a function. Just for test, when the left shift or the left mouse button is pressed, a red rectangle appears on the center of the screen.

I stayed working to set a model as the camera body. First, I just set the model position as the same as the camera position in every frame. Then, I had to set the rotation as the same too, plus some value. This value is just for align the model.
In fact, the camera inside the model is pretty ugly, but, I am still waiting for our model to work on it. I am also looking for a better way to do that, maybe the irrlicht engine already have a blind function. Well, It is going to be in my way untill I get a better one.

As you already know, We have A LOT of work to do, but I really have faith in the project;

Some screenshots:





By the way, I have just created a google code for the project. They offer svn and 1024 MB. You can visit the url http://code.google.com/p/suproject to check it.
I have already sent the code that we have by now. You can get it using the command "svn checkout http://suproject.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/ suproject-read-only". If you wanna compile it, you will need the irrlicht lib and the includes.

No comments:

Post a Comment